Sunday, November 30, 2008

Many Thanks

We have had a wonderful week of Thanks! It started out last weekend with some friends who came to visit. It's always a joy when we get to spend time with friends. Dave and K were roommates in college, and his wife E took some pictures for us...that was a challenge! But she tells me we got some good ones. Monday I ended up staying home because our nanny was sick. I had all these wonderful plans of what I was going to get done during naptime...do you think they napped? Nope. Tuesday brought us to Jackson's Thanksgiving lunch at school. It was really sweet to see all the kids and their parents. We had a real feast! That afternoon I got a call from Jackson (well, Stefany...aka Nanny...called). He had spiked a temp, and was not feeling well. He got on the phone, and in the most pitiful voice told me he didn't feel well and needed to go to the Dr. If your 2.5 year old is saying that, then it's time to listen. I was able to get him in that afternoon....I should have had him check out Addison also because by the time we got home from the Dr...guess what? She was running a fever. Mind you, both have been fighting colds for the past month, so it's no surprise that it turned into something more. Back to the Dr on Wednesday morning. In the middle of this, S and E came for a visit. We had such a good time and can't wait for April to come....that's when baby Z is expected to arrive. Wednesday night brought my sister and her husband, and the rest of my family arrived Thursday as we were getting the turkeys in the oven. Thanksgiving dinner was preceeded by a boisterous rendition of "Johnny Appleseed" (Jackson's favorite these days...he even knows most of the words). The food was great, and the company better. Friday we hung out, and Saturday everyone went home.



We've been throwing the house back together and getting out the Christmas decorations. It's going to be interesting this year. Addison can't wait to get into everything, and Jackson is more than willing to help make it a little easier for her to do so. In true family tradition, I am now sick and am counting the hours until Monday at 8 when I can call the Dr. All in all it's been a great week. I'm most thankful for Dave, as he puts up with all my everything....good and challenging! I'm also thankful for my children and the many lessons they are teaching me day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment