Saturday, October 15, 2011

It never fails!

It never fails...Dave has to travel a few times a year for his buying shows for the store. And it never fails that someone gets sick, or something goes wrong with my car. I remember one of the first trips he had to take, my car totally died on the side of the road while I was on my way home from work. Thankfully, this was pre-kiddos.

This time, I should have KNOWN, as it seems to be going on a triple whammy! First, when we were both leaving, a new light starts flashing on my car telling me to stop. Turns out it was only the coolant, and Dave was able to fill that before he left. Fast forward to now, and I've probably got two sick kiddos  on my hands. We had a fun morning, and on our way home from a friend's house, Jackson started crying because he said his head hurt. He said he was hot, so we took off his shirt and headed home. Now, it must be noted that Jackson DOES NOT sleep in the car. Ever. And he fell asleep. Addison was right behind him. That was at 3pm. It's now 5:15, and Jackson has gone from my bed (because mom's bed is the healing bed...right?) where he slept for a good 1.5 hours to the couch where he is "watching" his show and sleeping. Here are a few of his comments..."My tummy and my brain hurt," and. "I can't take this...this hurtness anymore." I hear you Jackson! I don't want you to have this hurtness anymore either.

Addison has been asleep since the car ride home too. I'm crossing my fingers that her body is fighting this off as she sleeps (and I may pay for this nap later because she won't go to bed).

So as much as I love my husband, why is it that these things seem to always visit us when he is gone? I promise I do not invite them, in fact, at this point, I will throw them a going away party! Please bugs, go away! We don't want you to stay and play!!! Here's to a long night ahead, I'm sure!

           


1 comment:

  1. "I can't take this hurtles"...oh my gosh! Break my heart! I hope the kids feel better soon. Hang in there'

    ReplyDelete