Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dear Addison

Dear Addison,

Yesterday night as I was tucking you in to bed, you told me with a whimper in your voice, "tell God I don't want to be bigger. I always want to be little." I smiled and hugged you and reassured you that you will always be my little girl.

I so want to keep you little too, love. I want to protect you from all that the world is going to throw your way. I want to hide you from break up's and make up's; from mean girls and stupid boys. I want to keep you from peer pressure and self pressure. But I can't. It's a part of life.

But I promise I will be there. I will be a shoulder to cry on when the break-up's, mean girls and stupid boys happen. I will be a driver when the make-up's happen and you need to go out. I will be a force that will support you as long as you will let me. And when the time comes that you think you "don't need me," I will still be there. I will be praying for you and the decisions you make. I will be praying for your friends, and the decisions they make.

I love you sweet pea, and though I would love to keep you little, it's my job to help you grow. So here we go...one step at a time!!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment