Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Catch up...Memorial Day

Cooler weather...that was the goal! Oh, and it helps that with the cooler weather comes no cell or internet service. I call that a win-win weekend. Add to all of that that Jackson and Addison LOVE the cabin and can go outside ALL the time, and it is a no brainer. We packed up, great dane included, and headed out. Everyone traveled well (although we did take two cars because Jackson and I had to detour for an appt on the way home, so honestly I'm not sure how we'll do just one car...Charlie takes the WHOLE front seat).

The weather was COLD! We had hail, sleet and lots of wind the first day. Luckily the sleet and hail didn't last too long so we took off for a ride with Grandma and Grandpa B in the afternoon complete with a picnic lunch. We had such a great time, although it was cold. Both kiddos were bundled with jammies, jeans and shirts, jackets (yes, plural), a jacket of mine and topped off with a blanket. It worked! We had a great little hike down to the bottom of a "mountain" where we saw Indian drawings and found a treasure. We were the last ones to sign it back in 2010...crazy! The afternoon was complete with a shower, a trip to the quilt shop and a yummy dinner cooked by grandpa on the grill!
Trying to stay warm!
Grandma B
Grandpa B (who shaved his beard....Dave and I have never seen this!)
Little Miss
Bug

Our second morning was beautiful out. There's nothing like sitting with a cup of coffee and watching the kids play out in the sun to their hearts delight. Dave helped Grandpa B around the cabin and we enjoyed each other. With all the stress of the week before (I wasn't home for dinner one night), it was exactly what we needed...exactly what I needed! Addison posed for pictures while Jackson found lava rocks to add to the water fountain. They helped Grandma B fill the bird feeders, and then watched and waited quietly for the hummingbirds to appear. Innocence in it's purest form....that's what I love about the cabin. We read stories and looked at bugs!
Working it...
Loving her face.
New marketing campaign
Grandma and her girl!
Watching his rocks and the big beetle that was flying around.

Does it get any better than this???

No comments:

Post a Comment