Monday, February 29, 2016

Addison turns 8!!

Happy, happy 8th birthday Addison!!! I can hardly believe that you are eight. Wow!
We celebrated Addison's 8th birthday all day long! She woke up bright and early, got herself ready faster than ever and waited for the rest of us to get our acts together. She was especially excited because Dad was home (he usually goes into work before the kids get up) and spent the morning with  her before it was time to leave for school. She opened her presents from us, got birthday waffles with nutella and sprinkles and had a delicious hot chocolate "Dad style." She was super excited about her guitar and hip hop clothes.
My dancer with her new shirt...it has an "open back" so it's only a dance shirt!
I was able to snap a picture of of both kids together...now 8 and 10!
Addie's morning ended up being all to her own because a few minutes into breakfast, Jackson started coughing and threw up. So Addie took off to have some special birthday time with Grandma and Grandpa before they took her to school. At school, they sang to her during Flag time. I brought her a special birthday Frappachino and birthday cake cake pop to go with her lunch. After school, I picked her up and we headed home to make her special birthday dinner complete with "gluten" spaghetti, cesar salad, asparagus and garlic bread. Grandma and Grandpa B didn't come over because they didn't want to get whatever Jackson had. (Sunday night Grandma B made dinner and a cake for Addie as well as Uncle Bob and Aunt Doris, and Uncle Dave and Aunt Carolyn).

Addie changed immediately into her new dress and also changed Grace into her matching dress. The two of them studied spelling words and did homework together. After, they played with Carly quietly until it was time for dinner and cake. 
Addie was super cute when it was time to blow out her candles. I don't know what her wishes are, but she definitely let the candles burn while she took her time to make her wish. This cake was purple and white cake swirled together with purple frosting and sprinkles. 
Happy birthday sweetheart! I hope all your wishes come true this year!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment