Friday, June 24, 2016

Another year is in the books!

Now that school is out and we have report cards in hand, it's official. We are done with 2nd and 4th grade! It's been quite the year, and both of you have thrived. You both continue to love school, but you are over the moon to have summer vacation.

So we are relishing in being home. I am still working some, but you guys are hanging out. We have a schedule and you are getting things done. There is a lot of imagination, lego building, doll playing, coloring, arts and crafts and swimming going on. Summer homework is happening as well as some xbox and iPad time. Books are everywhere, and while they don't get picked up as much as I would like (remember, I'm a bookworm) you both are turning to them more frequently.

We are going to continue to sleep in (yes, 6:30...we've even had one 7:30) and swim. We are going to enjoy each other until we need a break (yes, that happens too). We are going to use the pool as the excuse not to shower (for the kids anyways). We are going to stay in our PJ's all day if we want. We are going to maintain as much of an "unscheduled schedule" as we can. And I know it's going to go too fast!!!! Next thing you know, it will be time for first day of school pictures for 3rd and 5th grade. HOLY COW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment