Skagway was a double adventure for us. We went to the Adventure Park twice. First, we went zip lining. Once again, we had amazing weather. There was a family in our group and another father/daughter pair. So zip lining. I can honestly say by the end of it, I was starting to relax a little. They had a zip lining course through the trees. We started on a "ropes course" first to get the feel of just crossing the lines. Then got to actually zip. They had brakes built in to where the guides were braking you (this was my issue...no control). It was amazing, scary, freeing and frightening all at the same time. And I truly think for me it went back to not being able to control my speed. We had a great time, and will definitely do it again!
 |
| Sporting the safety gear. |
 |
| Ready to go!! |
 |
| Let's ZIP!!! |
 |
| One of the zip lines...super hard to see though. |
 |
| Dave, coming in for a landing! |
After zip lining, we went back to the ship and had a fast lunch so we could meet up with our next adventure group...rock climbing and repelling. The same family from the morning was with us, as were a few other groups. We got outfitted with climbing shoes (and wow, they help a ton). Dave and I climbed two climbs, and I am happy to report were successful both times getting to the top. After everyone had climbed, we headed up to the top to repel down. I love repelling when I have climbed up, but I am not such fan of just repelling down. For me, it's the stepping off the cliff. But, I did it!!!
 |
| View from the repelling station. |
After our repels, we had the driver drop us in town and went with another couple to get a quick drink and then walk back. On the way back, we saw an Ace Hardware so we had to venture in. It was neat!
We were almost to the ship when Dave and I came across a mermaid, and had to stop and take a picture and send it to some friends because we are going to run away and become mermaids. I would definitely go back to Skagway.
No comments:
Post a Comment