Dave turned 31 today.
Jackson slept really well...which is always a present in and of itself. Dave and I finished Christmas shopping this morning out of town, and had a very nice lunch. It is always amazing to me how much faster things go when you don't have the kids (Jackson had pre-school and Addison was with Stefany), and you do your shopping on a Monday morning. We even beat some of the stores, and were there before they opened. Living where we live, that's impressive.
We made it home and Dave had some things to finish at work. The kids and I ran to the store to pick up the icing for Dave's cake. Addison sat contently in the cart, and Jackson was eager to show our purchases (frosting and coffee...for me) to everyone we passed. We also had to pick up a card...I had one in my hand, and Jackson pointed to another one. He insisted that it was for "Happy Birthday Daddy." In all actuality, it was for a "Happy Birthday grand-daughter" complete with all the pink and frills. But if you have ever sat in the store debating with an almost 3 year old which card is really for daddy....well, it's just not worth it. So we bought the granddaughter one because that is the one that Jackson picked out. While Addison and I spread the icing, Jackson helped put the candles in the cake. Grandma made dinner and apple pie, to we will get into the cake tomorrow night. Hopefully I will be able to get pictures up. They are getting the best of me.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment