Now that the sweltering heat of the summer has cooled down (ok, what that really means is that it's not 120 anymore...only 105), we decided to hit the river again. Hopefully we will get in at least one more Sunday before it cools down too much for me to be splashed. We go on Sundays because all the crazies who come from out of town are on their way home, which means the river is almost empty. There is nothing like taking the boat out over water that looks just like glass. It's gorgeous, and so peaceful...the wind in your face!!!
Jackson loves to sit with Dave when we go. He likes to practice driving, and let's face it...what four year old doesn't love to be behind the wheel?? I know mine will take any chance he can get to try! Addison, on the other hand, is partial to moving all over the boat (which drives me crazy). I feel safe on the water, but I still prefer to have the kids sitting down...in one place, with my hand secure around the loop of their life jacket. I was able to capture Addie for a fun picture of us.
Since Dave isn't wake boarding this summer, we tried to find a beach where we could have lunch. We usually end up on an "island" in the middle of the river...but today, the water level was so high, there weren't any islands to be found. Dave found a great beach though, that the kids loved. It was off a bit, so the kids played in and out of the water...only problem...ANTS (can't find them when we need them...but they are always there when we don't).
I've decided I don't have enough pictures of myself...not for me, but one day...my kiddos need to see me, their mom (not just envision their mom behind the camera), so I'm working on it. This is my self-portrait on the beach...not too bad :)
After searching for rocks and sea shells for awhile, we decided it was time to make a sand castle. Dave started digging the moat...everyone else starting piling and digging. We had a great time, and can't wait to do it again!!!
Gotta love fun in the sun...but I am most definitely ready for the sun to set a little and for it to get cooler. Last night was the first night I have been able to sit outside comfortably after dinner while the kids play...it's coming, I know it is!!!











Looks like so much fun!
ReplyDelete