The other night we were celebrating Grandpa B's birthday and Addison proceeded to lift her shirt at the table. She then put Eeyore to her breast and said he was "drinking out of her boobs, and that he liked her milk." Dave kept giving me crazy looks as if to say, "STOP HER RIGHT NOW!!!" But, I didn't. It was tender and sweet, and it is such a good thing for her to "play mom." It absolutely warmed my heart to see.
Besides, the look on her face just makes me smile. It screams contentment, peace, the feeling that "I'm right where I should be," and being completely in love.That's how I always felt when I nursed. She must be thinking about it these days because today, as we were sitting in the waiting room for her doc apt, she looked at me and said she wanted to drink milk from me like when she was a baby. I said no, I don't have any milk anymore. So we snuggled...which is what we do best now!
Addison, when you become a mom, I hope you have the opportunity to nurse. I hope that it brings you joy. I loved nursing you and your brother. I loved the feeling of holding you and gazing at you while you drank to your hearts content. I loved that I was able to provide that for you. It was a special connection that only we shared. But sweetheart, don't feel pressured if it's not working out. Everyone's experience is different and unique, and circumstances change. I made the best decision for me, and for you and your brother, that I could at the time. I would do it again, for as long as I did (almost 2 years with each of you), again. But, that was me, and our family. I will support you and your decision as it is an individual decision that you need to make for you and your family.
Keep playing mamma love. You're going to make a great one!!!
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


so sweet. I can relate with my little Susie :)
ReplyDelete