A few days after Addie's surgery, we headed out to the desert for our first cook out of the fall. Dave and Jackson picked up the carne and Addie and I threw the rest of dinner together. By the time we got out there, we were hungry, but there was lots to be done! The kids had a good time helping Dave find ironwood to make our fire nice and warm. It's amazing how much that stuff weighs. It's nice being able to get out not too far from where we live and "escape," even just for dinner.
Jackson was amazed at how big the fire was when we first started it. Addie wasn't much into letting me take her picture this time. I got a few, but she was definitely into helping. She tried to dig a hole (not sure why), but I'm proud to say she can do it! She even knows how to step on it!!
There are some awesome trees in the washes that our kids always find. They are so cool. They have branches that hang down and almost make the trees look like they are weeping. The one Jackson and Addison found this time had a great big area under it that was perfect for playing in!
![]() |
| My guy...contemplating the world! |
The sunset was gorgeous. The area was surrounded by mountains and watching the sun set is so peaceful out there. We also got to see the moon creep up over the mountains, and it was a full moon which made it all the better.
The highlight of the night (after the S'mores of course) was seeing a tarantula. We were sitting by the fire, after dinner (so it was already dark), and something caught my eye under Dave's seat. It was moving, and as I looked closer it was a tarantula! I said something in a very excited voice and Dave jumped up. It was scurrying away and we found the flashlight and watched it go under the nearby bush. I think I was the most excited! When I was in college, one of my roommates had a tarantula and I held it. It was a big deal! I still think they are pretty cool.












No comments:
Post a Comment