Holy cow! Halloween felt like one big rush. I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like Halloween. Don't get me wrong, I do Halloween (minus the costume) because Jackson and Addison love it, but I would totally be ok with not having to do it again! We got costumes and everything set for this year. Jackson decided on the Red Power Ranger while Addison opted for a LaLaLoopsy doll costume. I was totally glad they chose these (not the vampire skeleton and Greek goddess which they were talking about). This was our first Halloween being gluten free, which added a bit to my stress. Thank goodness a lot of candy is GF, and chocolate is a good go to!
So Halloween morning had us up early. Costumes were packed and ready to go to school. GF cupcakes and other snacks were ready to go for the kids class parties. Oh yeah, and we were ready. It was a production getting us all out of the door at once and in one piece. Dave and I made it to the kids Halloween Costume parade at school, and he and Grandma B stayed a little longer to help. I picked kids up and we quickly headed home to layout costumes, throw the chili on the stove and eat because we still had to go trick or treating. Thank goodness I had them lay out their costumes because Jackson came out of his room with a sheer look of panic starting to spread across his face. He told me he left his costume at school. No worries...I called and thankfully, they were still there. So we jumped in the car and headed back down to school, got the costume and headed back home. Dave had gotten the chili ready, and we were waiting on the cornbread when I started to smell burning. I asked Dave if it was done, and he said it should still have about 20 minutes. I went to look and had to laugh because he had turned on the broiler instead of the oven.
Costumes were on and we headed out on our normal route. Usually we only go to a handful of houses, but this year we met up with friends and the kids actually got to go "real" trick or treating. They had a blast, and seeing their smiles and hearing their laughter made all the stress of the day worth it! We finished off our trick or treating at Grandma and Grandpa B's house and then headed home. They each got to eat a piece of candy (I know, we are lame!) and then it was bed time.
![]() |
| Family picture...Jackson was a little irritated...he just wanted the candy. |
![]() |
| Addie and Addie |
![]() |
| Jake, Jackson, Tyler and Addison |
Until next year....the conversations have already begun. My pledge is to be more organized!








No comments:
Post a Comment