Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Life Lesson #2384

We have been having an issue lately with laundry...specifically, too much laundry. Addison is definitely the main culprit, but Jackson has his moments too. They are supposed to put their dirty clothes in the hamper in their bathroom. Last week, Dave came out of their rooms and asked me if I had been in their bathroom. I just looked at him (in my mind I was really wondering if I could not answer this question, as it did not sound like it was going anywhere positive). I said no and asked if I should. He said, "Yes." So I did, and I wish I had a picture. The bathroom was literally exploding with their clothes. They seemed to have gone through everything that they had, and when they didn't like it, instead of putting it away, it went into the dirty clothes. I walked out calmly (go Mom!), and didn't say anything for awhile. Then I told Dave I was tired of doing their laundry like this. Seriously, it could take an entire day to just do their laundry. Once I got my grumbles out, I had Dave take in two more laundry baskets and they each separated their clothes. We told them that they would be doing their laundry from start to finish this coming weekend. Their attitudes about it were actually pretty positive, until it came to the folding and putting away. Lesson is hopefully learned! Otherwise, this will become the norm around here.







No comments:

Post a Comment