Stop the clock!! Jackson turned 8 yesterday, and I just can't believe it. I know, I say that every year, but wow. Two more years and then double digits....ARGH!! For now, I will relish the fact that my oldest is 8 and he LOVES it!
 |
| Can you say excited? |
Birthdays are a big deal around here. It's THEIR day! They call all the shots...well, almost all. Some things are still reserved for mom and dad. Much to my dismay, they both woke up early (picture 5am) so I made my coffee and we waited for dad to get out of the shower (he had to work really early!). That was the benefit of them waking up early, was we got to open presents as a family and dad got to see it too! Because there was no way I was going to hold him off all day. He would have waited, but there would have been a stream of "is it time yet?" and a mom can only take so much of that, especially when it's not necessary (ie, roadtrip).
One of the fun things now for birthdays is taking the non-birthday sibling to shop for their present to give. I love that they take such care in picking out just the right gift. When I took Addison, she was adamant not only about her present, but that Jackson should get an "award" for being such a great brother (she found a "kiss me, it's my birthday" ribbon for him to wear), and she also wanted a card that "meant something."
 |
| Taking care to write and sign her brother's card with love. |
Jackson opened his gifts and read all of his cards (first time ever...usually, they get lost in the shuffle and mom picks them up to piece it all back together). When he read Addison's card, she went over to him and gave him a hug while he was reading. It was the most tender moment. Love that I got a picture of it! After all the excitement of the presents, dad had to leave and we made birthday breakfast pizza (think breakfast pizza with added sprinkles...yum!).
 |
| Tender moments! |
 |
| Jackson, Daddy and Addison! |
 |
| "Kiss me, it's my birthday!" |
Of course we had to try out Jackson's new bike, so that means mom got a run in! Woohoo! Jackson had to remember how to start on a bike that was a little too big, but once he got the hang of it, he did well! I love that he wanted to wear his go-cart helmet. Only downfall from this much protection was that he couldn't hear me as I hollered down the road to make sure he stopped (which he did).
 |
| Off on his bike. |
 |
| My 8 year old. |
We had an awesome afternoon (after cleaning rooms) of driving the go-cart. Jackson decided that Addison drives too fast when she turns. It was the reverse of what he thought last time! Grandpa B came over for dinner, and Jackson chose fajitas! It's his favorite. He definitely LOVES his mexican food. It's almost funny.
 |
| Grandpa using his funny voices to read a card. |
We finished the night off with red velvet cupcakes, which were a hit! Charlie even enjoyed them today while I ran the kids to school. What a day!
 |
| cupcake time. |
 |
| Me and my guy!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment