Sunday, January 26, 2014

Jackson's 8 year old interview

Our interview this year was so much easier. In fact, it only took one attempt! And not only that, I could almost say that Jackson interviewed himself because he read the questions out loud and then answered them. It's amazing the difference a year makes!!!

How old are you?
   Eight

What’s the best thing about being eight?
     Getting to stay in 2nd grade. I thought I'd go right on to third grade.
  
What’s the worst thing about being eight?
     People getting on red at school a lot. Since I turned eight, people have been getting in trouble a lot. (Jackson is very sensitive to how others are behaving and what they are doing.)

What makes you happy?
     People appreciating me.
What is your favorite color?
     The rainbow. That means every color. (though he still prefers red any chance he gets).

What is your favorite thing to do at home?
     Relax and play.

What is your favorite thing to do at school?
     Learn! Of course. (This makes me so happy!!! The enthusiasm and love Jackson has for school and learning brings a huge smile to my face).
What is your least favorite thing to do at school?
     When people get on red.
What’s your favorite activity/sport?
     Soccer. (Jackson is doing really well this year in soccer. The coaches have them playing different positions within offense and defense).

What’s your favorite animal?
     Everything.

What’s your favorite holiday?
     Christmas because I get to spend time with my family.

What do you like about Christmas?
     I get to spend time with my family.
What's your favorite season?  
     My favorite season is fall. It's not too hot, it's not too cold. I mean everyone, I like everyone. (He changed his answer because Addison said, "I thought you liked summer?"). 

What’s your favorite food?
     Mexican...of course! (Fajitas, enchiladas and tacos are his favorite...complete with guacamole).
    
What’s your favorite tv show?
     The History Channel, NatGeo Wild, Slug Terra, Max Steel.     

What’s your favorite movie?
      Star Wars, Transformers, Battleship, Curious George, Ice Age (mostly everything).  

What’s your favorite song?
     American Idiot by Green Day, Like a g6 by Far East Movement, Last Resort by Papa Roach. (he loves to listen to the base...really loud! It's calming....go figure).

What’s your favorite book?
     Mostly everything. We are reading Nicolas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King.    
  
Who is your best friend?
     Mostly everybody. Ryan, Nicolas, Adeline, Douglas and everyone at my school.

What do your want to be when you grow up?
     A scientist.

Any last thoughts to remember when you are older?
     I love my dog. I will always love "Imaginext" (that is his most favorite line of toys...I think we have almost all of them). And I will always be nice to people and care about people.
Jackson, you are a treasure. Each year, you continue to grow and mature, and still stay true to yourself. You are such a smart, creative and caring kiddo who looks out for everyone. Keep your pizzaz love!! Your dad and I are so proud of you and all that you are learning and doing. We learn from you every day, in so many ways that I never imagined. Thanks for being the best 8 year old!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of this year unfold.

  

1 comment: