Ok, we've tried to definitely embrace picking our battles this summer. And for the most part, it's been pretty easy....but today it was time for Jackson to finally get his room clean. I went into work, but I wish I had gotten a picture of the start. He had legos ALL OVER HIS FLOOR. They were all in a specific place, and all had a reason for being there. But I did too. I was tired of stepping over legos as we tried to get him into bed. So my instructions this morning were to make sure your room was clean by the time I got home. I came home to make a quick lunch and saw the first picture. He was in the process of pulling out everything he still needed to play with. The jokes on me...I didn't say the family room or play room had to be clean!
When I got home a few hours later, his room was clean!!!!
But he still had quite a few piles out in the family room that he insisted were for him to play with. My parenting skills were hungry, so I handed it over to Dave who was able to talk him into pulling out the main ones that he wanted to play with and putting the others away. LOL. Below is his pile of essentials. He agreed that 7:30pm was the time when he would put them all away (I can tell you that we are less than an hour away from that time and he is still pulling his toys out to play....I don't see it ending well.)
He decided that the best place to play would be behind the couch, but he has quite a few things to move. He decided that using his shirt was the best way to transport all the legos behind my couch.
This was the scene before dinner. Not too bad...
After dinner the pile just got larger...
Here's to hoping the 7:30 time doesn't make for a cleanup meltdown. I don't have it in me today.







No comments:
Post a Comment