Addie had her second meet earlier this week. Since I had a better idea of what goes on, we were definitely better prepared! She swam the 25 butterfly, back and freestyle. She loves the butterfly, which I am just in awe of because I can't coordinate my arms and legs enough to make it work. It was her first event, and was towards the beginning of the meet (definitely a plus). She had her nervous face on while waiting to go out to the lanes. But she got out there....and came in 1st place in her heat!
 |
| Waiting.... |
 |
| Rocking the butterfly. |
 |
| Embarrassed because we won't stop telling her good job! |
After the butterfly, she just had to wait for all the bigger kids to go and then it was time for her backstroke. Most of them don't want to swim the backstroke, and neither did she (I signed her up). But I think she does a pretty good job. She told me before she went out there that she doesn't swim straight...well, that's true. But most of them didn't. She was nervous again about swimming, but one again she got out there and tackled it. She rocked and came in 1st in her heat! Once we get her straightened out and kicking the whole time she will be unstoppable.
 |
| Being patient. |
 |
| Nervous again. |
 |
| Backstroke |
 |
| All done!!! |
We had a bit more of a wait before the freestyle because they had to go through all of the breaststroke. She had time for a snow cone and had a few more snacks. She hung out with us and played a few hand games with Jackson while we waited. She was definitely excited about getting out there to swim her freestyle. She came in third in her heat for this one!
 |
| hanging out with mom! |
 |
| Addie and Sadie |
 |
| Snow cone tongue! |
 |
| Having fun!!! |
 |
| Freestyle as the sun is setting. |
 |
| All done! |
She told me yesterday swimming is "her thing." And she definitely loves to be out there. She is my fish for sure. It kind of makes me crack up because she fought learning to swim a lot. In fact, in the beginning she wanted nothing to do with the water. I'm so glad she loves it because I love to watch her. Dave said he was counting her strokes (ok, he used another term) and he was surprised how strong she is. This year we've been able to do the in town meets only....I have a feeling I need to be prepared to go to all of them next year. She loves it that much. And we love to watch her, although I'm still not liking sitting in the heat! But I'll get over it.
No comments:
Post a Comment