Monday, May 28, 2018

My mad scientist

I remember when I was growing up "creating." The time that sticks out the most was when I wanted to bake a cake all alone, without a recipe. I think it was for my dad's birthday (sorry Dad!). Needless to say, it did not turn out well. But, I was given the freedom to create and try. 

In the spirit of that, I think we have created a mad scientist in our house. Addison is ALL over the creating/making thing. It doesn't matter what it is, what it's used for, or why we have it. She will find it, do something different with it and then ta-da, I have a mess to clean up.

On this day, I went to put something in the microwave and had to step back in surprise. I had NO idea what it was, but I knew who to talk to. Addison tried to melt toothpaste in a little cup to use it in something else she was trying to make. I swear, it never ends. 
I know one day she will put all of her experimentation to good use. I can't wait for that day! Since I BANNED slime and slime making in our house, she has conveniently gotten much better at cleaning her creations up.

No comments:

Post a Comment