Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Rehearsal

Our plan for the day of the rehearsal was to leave by 7....well, due to the wonderfulness that is "croup" we didn't make it out until 10. Worked out ok though because Mark needed a few things from the store that we were table to grab before we left town. God always has a reason, even if we don't understand! 

We finally hit the road, dropped my car off at the service station and picked up Jackson's tux (makes a mom's heart melt to see her guy all dolled up!). We finished the drive, and everyone minus Dave actually got a nap. It was much needed after the long night we had. I was very worried that Jackson might have complete meltdowns due to pure exhaustion and still not feeling great. It turned out ok, and his mood wasn't the greatest, but he did fine! And no, we didn't have the meltdown I was sure was coming (he saved that for the drive home). During the rehearsal, my kiddos played like caged birds. Ok, to their defense, they had been in the car for most of the day...but still. We were at a beautiful winery, Leonesse (one of my favorites!) and I didn't want to be the one with "those kids." Mark is very good at reminding me to relax...it's good to have friends who don't expect perfection from your children. Instead, they love them for the joy they bring!
 Yup, those are my children playing in the rain ditch.
 Innocence.
 Really trying to keep it together...
 A moment of peace
 Disliking that she was asked to come back.
 Brother and sister!!
 She got cranky. I took a picture. She saw it and laughed.
 Waiting patiently for Kaylee to practice walking down the aisle.
 Who knew wrestle mania happened at wineries also?
Because it's not all about the kids all the time!

The other part of the evening that I was worried about was the rehearsal dinner. Again, no one wants to have "those kids." The venue was perfect! We were set up outside in our own area that was "fenced in." You know what that means! Jackson and Addison had a blast. They played with Adah (flower girl) and her brother Noah, who were both about the same age as Jackson and Addison. It was awesome. Dave and I were able to relax, enjoy a glass of wine and eat a great meal with "family."

1 comment:

  1. I love the wrestle mania picture. If my boys are in the same room, they're pretty much always in that pose. Sometimes they're both laughing. Sometimes someone is crying. They wrestle ALL DAY LONG!

    ReplyDelete