Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at home this year. It was wonderful! Dave made a fabulous dinner of steak, artichoke, cesar salad with gluten free croutons and baked potatoes. Our timing was a little off, so we had to eat fast, but it was still delicious! We made it to (and through) church, which is a feat in and of itself because of the time. Bedtime here definitely makes it's appearance known. I didn't get my pictures before church, so we took them when we got home. Also another feat because of the time.

Grandma B put together a package we had to open on Christmas Eve. We all got hot chocolate, mugs and fun Christmas jammies. We all changed and had to take another picture! I think that if I suggested family Christmas jammies, Dave would laugh at me...but, because it was from his mom, he put them on and posed for my pictures! Thanks Grandma!

After pictures, we made sure to put out the cookies and milk for Santa. I was promptly told that Santa doesn't like soy milk (which is funny because we don't drink soy) and I had to agree. But, I did say that Santa might like soy at other houses, it probably just depends. And yes, notice the huge grin on Jackson's face. That's the "I'm tired and excited, but trying to hold it together so now I'm overly excited" look. 
Stockings were hung next, and it was off to bed. 

We had the kids sleep in our room that night because they tend to sleep in just a tad more if they are in there. Dave had told Jackson that he couldn't get up until 5:15am. He woke up at 5, laid back down for a few minutes, and then popped up every minute or so to check the clock. We finally let him crawl into bed about 5:10, and he was in agony for the next 5 minutes waiting. Addison slept in until 5:40am! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment