Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Parade and Fun after!

This was the first year we actually went to the Christmas parade in town. Addison rode on the float with her school, and Jackson wanted to watch so we hung out and waited for the parade to start. Dave got some super hot jalapeƱo nachos and gave Jackson one to try...his reaction is the picture below!
Jackson got to hang out with Nicolas and Magdalene while we all waited for the parade. I was pleasantly surprised how warm it was. Unusual for the parade night.
The kids school did the "Polar Express" as their theme. One of the parents had this train at his shop and the school fixed it up and all the kids got to ride inside in their robes and jammies. They had a great time waving and ringing bells. I think some of the older ones were walking and throwing candy. 
Addison is in the last window below.
After their float, Jackson and I went over to pick up Addie. All the kids were getting hot chocolate and were excited to see one another! It was all I could do to get a picture!
Ms. Laurin, Addison, Jackson, Luke and Ava
After the parade, the kids and I walked back over to Dave's store where they had bouncers and lots of other family events going on. We don't usually go on the weekend (and we won't again) because of the crowds! But Dave stuck with us so the kids could jump and play. They had a blast. 
Next year we will go on a night that is a little less busy....even if it's on a school night. They do it for 4 nights, which is great for the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment