I ordered the kids roller skates a while ago and they came in this past week. We've talked about roller skating a lot, and when Addison found out she was stoked! I was super excited, I even had Dave get down my old roller blades so we could all do it together. Once we got the skates on, I figured out how hard it is to explain. Jackson needed the "mechanical" explanations for how to do it...that's tough! I remember using a bungee cord and wrapping a pillow around my butt when I learned to skate. We haven't done that yet, but Jackson might need it. Addison took to skating pretty fast and by the end of the day, had it figured out. We brought dad out towards the end of the day to see if his explanation was any better than mine...not totally! Jackson is still working on it. But they had fun!!!
![]() |
| Trying to find that balance. |
![]() |
| Proof. It is like riding a bike! |
![]() |
| Trying to figure it out! |
![]() |
| Both standing. |
![]() |
| Addie tried it in the backyard too...a lot more hand holds. |
![]() |
| She's got it! |
![]() |
| He's trying!! |
![]() |
| We all spend time on the ground when we are learning! |
![]() |
| Leaning on dad. |
![]() |
| Getting there! |
This is definitely the beginning of many fun mornings this summer I'm sure!











No comments:
Post a Comment