Monday, June 12, 2017

United We Dance - night 1

Recital was last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Whew! I can say that for the first time since we started (6 years) getting ready was a breeze. Addie and I didn't have a disagreement over her hair (should be curled when it's in a pony....some unwritten rule in the dance world unless one is told it should be straight), her make up (she only looked in the mirror after each section of her face, not after every minute) or her costumes. No tights got torn. We both got a chance to eat before even! Addison's first performance was her acro class.   It helped that this costume wasn't itchy and was sequin free.
She was a little nervous heading into the last stunt (still not sure when stunting became a part of acro, but it did) because she was on top, standing on the hands of two other girls. As they got into to position, and she stepped on their hands, I know I held my breath. They hit it. And she glowed!!!
After the performance, I went backstage to held her change and she was waiting for me. She pretty much shouted, "we did it" and ran into my arms. It was the best feeling knowing she sure did and seeing how proud she was of herself and her group was awesome. We had a good 30 minutes to change before the madness started. Ballet was up next. Addie also loved this costume. Sometimes simple is best!!
Right after ballet, we had a quick change (two songs) to get a whole new costume on. Thankfully her hair got to stay in a bun, so it was just costume, tap shoes and accessories. We made it, barely. But they got out there and had their attitude going on.
I am still getting used to my camera I got for Christmas and didn't get the best pictures during tap. They are super overexposed...but live and learn!

Her last dance this year was for her jazz class. Her costume was super cute, but that also brought super itchy into play because of all the sequins. I was still having issues with my camera, but it was fun to watch her dance. She loves the stage, especially when she forgets she's on there. Addie definitely is my thinker, even when she's performing.
We got home with an exhausted and hungry kiddo. Time for bed and then night two!

No comments:

Post a Comment