Friday, June 16, 2017

United We Dance - night 2

Getting ready for night 2 was filled with excitement. Addie couldn't wait to get there. She made sure we had time for a picture before we left the house.
Everyone was excited for the shows today, which always makes it fun to watch. I know Addison was especially excited because Dave and Jackson were in the audience to watch her perform. As the girls got into position for their last stunt, I held my breath...because that's what mom's do. It looked good in the beginning, but then as they raised Addie up, you could see it wasn't quite right. It happened so fast, but they dropped her. In the picture I got they were trying to catch her on her way down. But she ended up landing on the ground on her back from what I could see. I was in the aisle as most of the mom's stand and sneak in and out in between performances to help their kiddos change. My first instinct was to hop onto the stage. I actually started to head up there, but stopped myself. She was still laying on the ground, and the girls were all around her. Jared, one of the teachers, stepped in and scooped her up and I rushed backstage. She was ok. She was shaken and her neck hurt, but full movement. She had fallen on her butt first and then the rest of her went back. We got her some ice and gave her Motrin, but the show must go on....right? Thankfully she had about 30 minutes before her next dance to change and ice.
While she was getting ice, two of her friends from her former school found her and gave her hugs. It was good to see they still have a connection.
Ballet was after acro. To add insult to injury, someone had taken her ballet shoes from our bags that I had everything ready to go in. I was majorly irritated because I know we put them in her bag. Not only that, but the other mom who was with me saw me move them with Addie's tights to the costume part of the bag. I had my organization on point!!! But someone else did not. ARGH! Addie was able to borrow a pair from a girl who was dancing later so it all came together. She definitely wasn't feeling it, but she went out and did her best.
Us mom's had gotten a message in the am to make sure we were prepared for the quick change to help keep the show flowing. We had a much better change this show and I don't think anyone "missed" our time. 
Addie was definitely ready for her last dance. Her picture says it all.
After the show she changed into dance shorts and a tank to go find dad and Jackson. There's nothing like a daddy hug to help a little feel better. Jackson tried to give her a hug, but she's still not feeling that. 
After recital we headed home and found our muscle rub with essential oils and tucked her into bed. Surprisingly, she slept well which was definitely something she needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment