This is Addison and I after a weekend of no sleep. She started coughing again Friday night (I swear, they are just about over it, and it comes back...almost like it is laughing in our faces). We watched her Saturday, and all that night. She was up and down all night long. Coughing, and spiked a fever. Sunday morning, I thought she was wheezing, but Dave wasn't concerned. He ran to the store, I hopped in the shower. When I was warming up my coffee, he came out of her room with her sleeping on his chest and said we needed to take her to the hospital because she was wheezing and would cough and then struggle to breathe then start it over again. For those of you in a small town, making the decision to go to the Dr. on the weekend is not one made lightly. Esp. when you are not totally comfortable with your options. So I took her in, and Dave stayed with Jackson (whose cough has started coming back too). Luckily it wasn't too busy. The nurses were wonderful. The did a good job of keeping me calm...Addison did great. She is very skilled at telling people when she doesn't like what they are doing. She was wheezing, had a fever and was coughing. She had thrown up in the car on the way down. They gave her a breathing treatment (we can't get away from those), gave her a chest x-ray (they need to come up with a new way to do those), and tested her for RSV (thank goodness she is older). Ends up she has bronchiolitis. The Dr. (who was terrible) gave me some prescriptions, and we headed to the pharmacy.She did not sleep much last night...which means that Dave and I didn't either. She is feeling better, we took her to the Dr. today, and her lungs sound good. She is still coughing a bunch...hopefully tonight will go better. Amidst all of this, Jackson got what he and Dave have dubbed, "brutal poop" (diarrhea). Stefany, our nanny, called this morning to tell me he just started with that. So we took him to the Dr. too. He has an ear infection...not sure if it's the same one from last time, or a new one. But then tonight at dinner he threw up all over the table. Luckily we had notice and I got a bowl to catch it. So now both kids are back on antibiotics, for I think the third time in less than a month. I am counting down the days until this winter is over. Hopefully we are all able to get some much needed sleep tonight. The rocker is comfortable, but not that comfortable.

I'm sorry everyone is feeling so bad! We are right there with ya, but we only have one kiddo to worry about. I hope you all get some good sleep soon!
ReplyDelete