Sunday, July 1, 2012

Arctic Circle and Torshavn, Denmark

Leaving Iceland, we crossed the Arctic Circle and spent the next day on the ship. This meant that we all got to go to the spa!! Massages and facials, sign me up! The views were amazing, but it was a little unnerving to look out and see absolutely nothing but water. The point when we actually crossed the Arctic, they had a party on the top deck. Debbie, Dianna and I saw a whale, but the boys still don't believe us. Every time we brought it up for the remainder of the trip they would start talking about the iceberg with a polar bear on it, and we know they didn't see one of those!
View from the Arctic.
Crystal clear,


As close to a sunset as we got after crossing the arctic coming into Torshavn, Denmark.

So on Sundays, nothing is open in Denmark (or other countries we came to find out). But we visited this small town of Torshavn and took a bus (there's that bus again) to a tiny, quaint town on the water. 
Torshavn
Icelandic sheep...they even look different!
A church.
It was chilly today, and a bit drizzly. Overlooking another town in the Faro Islands on our way to the place we stopped.
I think I was thinking, "hurry and take the picture so I can get back on the bus!"
The town we stopped. I have the name somewhere, but I can't find it in my unpacking right now.
Birdhouses.
Water running through town.

When we got back, Debbie and I went to visit the light house and walk Torshavn. The lighthouse was awesome, and had some huge cannons and a fort that were used during the war. I was bummed nothing was open because we walked by a few really cute shops that I know Addison would have just loved! We did find a great little hot chocolate place where we got dark hot chocolate. Super yummy!!
The lighthouse
Follow the Light.
I think I love lighthouses.
Debbie down by the water.
Torshavn's ship yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment