Sunday, July 1, 2012

Oslo, Norway

We had a day and a half in Oslo. Dave and the golfers golfed the first night while Linda, Dianna and I walked around. We had a good time and saw the Opera House and wandered into a mall. There was a bunch of construction in downtown Oslo, so that wasn't the best first impression. But it definitely has potential. It's just amazing how all the buildings are build right next to each other. And I mean, touching. Dave and our golfers didn't finish until 9:30, and I got a text from Dave at one point hoping that the cabbie showed up. He did, and they made it back. This time, they did get to use carts, which I think they all appreciated. Although the whole course was shut down when they left, which was a little strange. 
View from the ship.
Sculpture outside the Opera House.
A church looking up.
We couldn't find a sign that said when it was built.
The golfers, minus Nat, waiting for room service.

The second day in Oslo, Dave and I were planning on renting bikes. But you had to go to a tourist place and get a card and then go back to the bikes...too much work when we could just walk. So we did. Even in the rain!
Out and about.
Downtown
Not sure what building, but it's cool!
Ok. They were everywhere the night before when Linda, Dianna and I were walking around. Teens dressed up in costumes. And in the morning, they were still around. Seems to have had something to do with the summer solstice...no one we talked to was too sure. But it was humerous!
Farmer's market.
A very tall door.
Middle of town.
Top of the Military base.
More Military.

I just love it!
Leaving Oslo.
Lighthouses!

No comments:

Post a Comment